Dear Readers,

Salam & Good day to all... I hope you'll have fun reading and probably collect something useful here. I welcome all comments & commends. Please don't be anonymous. I'd like to know my visitors :)

"La Tahzan, InnaAllaha ma'ana" (Al- Quran: Surah At- Taubah- Verse 40)
Translation: "Be not sad (or afraid), surely Allah is with us."

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~Edmund Burke~

'It's not what the world holds for you, but what you bring to it' ~Anne of Green Gables~

Friday, December 18, 2009

Happy 1431 Hijrah Everyone…

I welcomed Maal Hijrah with prayers on evening yesterday… and also with hope as high as the sky.

I have real good Maal Hijrah memories for the first 3 years in secondary school. Maal Hijrah was an event that I look forward to. Every year we performed nasyid at Islamic Center in Kuala Lumpur. The first year, we sang nasyid together with delegates from other government departments. In the 3rd year, we got to sing on stage in-front of Sultan Azlan Shah… that was a great experience… and we got a waqaf Al-Quran from Egypt government as a souvenir...

The first 3 years in secondary school, I was really active with my nasyid choir… we were so cool… nerdy cool… hahahaaaa…

I still remember all the Maal Hijrah songs that we sang… I don’t remember the titles though… so, absorb to heart the lyrics below. If you want to hear the song, maybe I’ll sing and upload them here… I have to warn you though. That might bring 'thunderstorms'… heheheheeee…

* The lyrics are all in Malay… sorry…
The last song is my favorite :)
*****

1 Muharram detik permulaan
Perkiraan tahun Islam Hijrah
Perpindahan Nabi & umat Islam
Dari kota Mekah ke kota Madinah

Atas keyakinan & iman yg teguh
Kaum Muhajirin & Ansar bersatu
Rela berkorban, harta & nyawa
Demi menegakkan Islam tercinta

Hijrah itu pengorbanan
Hijrah itu perjuangan
Hijrah itu persaudaraan
Hijrah membentuk perpaduan

Oleh itu, mari semua
Kita sambut Maal Hijrah
Tekadkan semangat, tegakkan syiar Islam
Untuk sepanjang zaman...
Untuk sepanjang zaman...

Untuk sepanjang zamannnnnn...


Hijrah!
*****

Hijrah Muhammad Rasullullah
Dari Mekah ke Madinah
Membela kehidupan ummah
Hilang gentar, datang rahmat.

Muliamu dan amanahmu
Mengkagumkan dunia maju
Tunjuklah semua yang ragu
Mengakui Allah yang satu

Riangnya hati kaum Ansar
Menyambut Rasul yang berbudi
Basah airmata mengalir
Terharukan wajah suci
*****

Berhijrah dari derita
Berhijrah dari sengsara
Berhijrah kita dari berdosa
Berhijrah dari noda

Hidup ini kan kita isi
Kekuatan tanpa terhenti
Menuju arah redha Ilahi
Pelihara harga diri

Maal Hijrah seribu erti
Bersamalah Hijrah sejati
Berhijrah sepenuh hati
Itulah Hijrah hakiki

Dalam hijrah ada perpaduan
Dalam hijrah ada kemesraan
Dalam hijrah ada keamanan

Hiduplah Maal Hijrah!
*****

So, happy Maal Hijrah to all my fellow muslims. May this new year brings more meaning and success to all of us.

No comments: