Dear Readers,

Salam & Good day to all... I hope you'll have fun reading and probably collect something useful here. I welcome all comments & commends. Please don't be anonymous. I'd like to know my visitors :)

"La Tahzan, InnaAllaha ma'ana" (Al- Quran: Surah At- Taubah- Verse 40)
Translation: "Be not sad (or afraid), surely Allah is with us."

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~Edmund Burke~

'It's not what the world holds for you, but what you bring to it' ~Anne of Green Gables~

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Coke + Mentos Rocket

Ok, I don't have cable tv... shocking right? Nah, not really since I found out that quite a number of people don't have cable tv. What I missed most by not subscribing to Astro? NatGeo & Discovery Channel of course... huhuhuuuuu...

Anyway, I caught this interesting episode of Discovery Channel's 'Time Warp' while I was on the flight back to KL. It was so interesting. I've always heard that we should not consume mentos & coke together, but never really have enough curiosity to try it on my own. Luckily, there's Discovery Channel & NatGeo... I can just watch other people do the experiment (and this is why I'm not a scientist... mystery solved :P )

You can find the whole episode online but the thought that I want to share is in the video I uploaded below. Pay attention to the time between 0:30 - 1:40...

This experiment triggered my thought.

Why can't mentos and coke be used to launch rocket then? It'll be interesting to see that happen and there won't be so much CO2 released to the atmosphere due to oil generated rocket launching.

Just a crazy thought... but I think it might work :)

Yo thoughts wandering outside of the box, come back in!

No way! The box is so square :P

Have a great day all free minds!

No comments: