Dear Readers,

Salam & Good day to all... I hope you'll have fun reading and probably collect something useful here. I welcome all comments & commends. Please don't be anonymous. I'd like to know my visitors :)

"La Tahzan, InnaAllaha ma'ana" (Al- Quran: Surah At- Taubah- Verse 40)
Translation: "Be not sad (or afraid), surely Allah is with us."

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~Edmund Burke~

'It's not what the world holds for you, but what you bring to it' ~Anne of Green Gables~

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Faizal & 8TV


Goodness... where do I start?


I start with Faizal lah... adoiiii... my heart sunked when I read in newspaper what Faizal Tahir did during 8TV birthday bash concert. I didn't watch the concert on TV. I'm so glad :)

The main reason why I'm so frustrated is because I'm hoping that he would win at AJL 22 this 27th January. I really love his performance during the qualifying round. What he did with his song 'Mahakarya Cinta' (even though I seriously don't understand the meaning of 'mahakarya') was really excellent. I know he can be the champion at AJL this year. But now, hmmmm...

Faizal, Faizal... what message are you trying to convey to us? The act was definitely unsuitable for us Malaysians & easteners. Apart from that, you're a married man with kids! What were you thinking? Isn't this the first time an entertainer did this kind of stunt on our country national tv?

Anyway, he's now under disciplinary action. He's banned for 3 months. Does this mean that he won't be competing in AJL? I'm so bumped. I hope Faizal will learn his lesson. Whatever it is that he needs to flush out of his system, do it all in these 3 months. Then, come out fresh and start over. It's a waste to lose an opportunity to win an award because you acted stupid.

Then, 8TV... I read about this 'hedonism' culture a few months back. On wikipedia it defines 'Hedonism' as a 'philosophy that pleasure is the most important pursuit'. Well, I have a feeling that 8TV is a bit moving on this track. This morning I saw 'Che Nelle' video clip that I found a bit inappropriate. Don't you guys even screen all those videos that you're going to air? We always speak about doing community services, it's not only towards recycling, save the earth, environment thingy you know. We can also do something to improve the social problems that we're facing right now. Showing too much entertainment is definitely not helping.

Well, I think in the case of Faizal Tahir & 8TV, both are responsible for what happened. Apparently I share this opinion with a lot of people. That's why both Faizal & 8TV are on disciplinary action.

Everyone of us has done a few mistakes in our lives. The important thing is to stop doing it and to learn and remember the lesson from it.

No comments: