Dear Readers,

Salam & Good day to all... I hope you'll have fun reading and probably collect something useful here. I welcome all comments & commends. Please don't be anonymous. I'd like to know my visitors :)

"La Tahzan, InnaAllaha ma'ana" (Al- Quran: Surah At- Taubah- Verse 40)
Translation: "Be not sad (or afraid), surely Allah is with us."

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~Edmund Burke~

'It's not what the world holds for you, but what you bring to it' ~Anne of Green Gables~

Monday, January 28, 2008

AJL 22 rocked!

Before I continue, let me clarify one thing... I never intended for this blog of mine to be about entertainment. If you find that I'm inclined to write about the E! business, do let me know. Sometimes, sub-conciously the 'entertainer' part of me revealed itself uncontrollably. So much for having multiple personalities :)

Anyway, 'Anugerah Juara Lagu ke-22' just ended last night and I need to tell you that I think this year's AJL was so good! I'm so satisfied with the results. Of course in the beginning I was really hoping for Faizal Tahir to conquer the night and I still think that he would have if he's not under disciplinary action. But now, after I watched all the other singers and bands performed, I'm so psyched. I barely realize Faizal Tahir was not there :) I hoped that Mawi will win the best show category and Estranged will win the 'Pop Rock' category and they both did! What a great night!

I'm never a fan of Mawi, but his show last night was really entertaining. I had fun watching it. As for Estranged, you guys really brought the energy to the song last night.

So, congratulations to all the winners (singers, writers and composers) of this year's AJL. You guys rocked!

Best Vocal Category: Jaclyn Victor & Lah Ahmad (Song: Ceritera Cinta)
Best Show Category: Mawi (Song: Angan & Sedar)
Best Ethnic Creative Category: Nora (Song: Samudera )
Best Pop Rock Category: Enstranged (Song: Itu Kamu)
Best Ballad Category: Sahri (Song: Izinku Pergi)
The Champion of 'Anugerah Juara Lagu ke-22' --> Estranged (Song: Itu Kamu) yeah yeahhhhh...

To the rest, thank you for your great performances. 'The Lima' especially gave a new perspective and energy to Dato' Siti Nurhaliza's song. I love what you guys did with the song!

To TV3, are you going to come out with 'AJL 22' album? Please do :)

To Ally Iskandar... do you have a thing for Cheryl Samad? I'm kind of getting that vibe... heheheeee... I only 'serkap jarang'. Please don't sue or 'terjah' me :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heheh.. i miss out MAWI did the magic part2.. tau2 sudah tukar baju!.. cehh..