Dear Readers,

Salam & Good day to all... I hope you'll have fun reading and probably collect something useful here. I welcome all comments & commends. Please don't be anonymous. I'd like to know my visitors :)

"La Tahzan, InnaAllaha ma'ana" (Al- Quran: Surah At- Taubah- Verse 40)
Translation: "Be not sad (or afraid), surely Allah is with us."

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~Edmund Burke~

'It's not what the world holds for you, but what you bring to it' ~Anne of Green Gables~

Monday, June 03, 2013

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey


Such a delayed post!

LOTR fever never quite left me. I think it never will.
Now I've caught 'The Hobbit' fever. I'm gonna be sick for a long long time :p

I don't need fo write about how wonderful this movie is. Everyone knows it. Peter Jackson & the gang are the best in this business. I'm particularly drawn to the movie locations. The landscapes are amazing. I will go to New Zealand someday. Maybe on sabatical leave. 2 weeks in NZ will not be enough.

Anyway, what I want to say today is, I've always thought Andy Serkis as 'Gollum' is the best actor ever! Ever since LOTR. He has improved so much in 'The Hobbit'. Who would have thought of 'Gollum' as cute & funny. At some point, even feel so sad for him for losing his 'precious'.

Andy Serkis is an amazing actor!

But then, Martin Freeman was amazing too! The way he portrayed the 'Bilbo Baggins' character was very believable. I can understand & even feel how Bilbo was feeling. You can feel the hesitation & the excitement of a homey person who is longing for an adventure.  You can feel the dilemma of someone who has never been in a fight, yet had to go into a battle.  Bilbo showed the true meaning of courage & Martin Freeman expressed that meaning with an accurate facial & body language.

I'm totally impressed.

'The Hobbit' also proven that a movie can be a hit even without hunks & hotties. Let's just admit it. The dwarves are no Boromir, Aragorn, Legolas, Eomer nor Faramir (except maybe for one particular dwarve). But, they are hunks & hotties nevertheless :) And the dwarves are a funny lot. That's a good quality right? Heheheee...

Can you spot the particular one?
The riddle scene between Bilbo & Gollum was most enjoyable. Bilbo is such a smart hobbit. That's very attractive :p


I can't wait for the 2nd movie. But, in the meantime...


Take care y'alls!

No comments: