Dear Readers,

Salam & Good day to all... I hope you'll have fun reading and probably collect something useful here. I welcome all comments & commends. Please don't be anonymous. I'd like to know my visitors :)

"La Tahzan, InnaAllaha ma'ana" (Al- Quran: Surah At- Taubah- Verse 40)
Translation: "Be not sad (or afraid), surely Allah is with us."

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~Edmund Burke~

'It's not what the world holds for you, but what you bring to it' ~Anne of Green Gables~

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Dreaming for a Mr. Knightley *wink*


Last weekend, I spent my unproductive 3 days weekend on a movie marathon. So now, I've officially watched all the movies that were based on Jane Austen's novel. Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Emma, Mansfield Park, Persuasion and Northanger Abbey.

I found the storyline are almost the same. Rich handsome guys from a wealthy background, an average looking girl from an average family. Except for in 'Persuasion', but in the end the Frederick Wentworth did become very rich. I found all the males characters in Miss Jane Austen's novels are attractive and irresistable, especially Mr. Knightley who is ever so dreamy.

I enjoyed all the movies very much, but in the end I'm left to wonder about the influence of MONEY in a relationship.

Apparently money has become a great influence in relationships at least from the 19th century. No matter how much we try to avoid it, we still cannot deny it's importance. But I'm not in the mood to discuss about that right now. Just please don't make silly decisions in your relationships when $$$ is in question.

Here I share the photos of leading roles in Jane Austen's novels. Would you agree that they are all so dreamy? Although Gilbert Blythe is still my favourite but I wouldn't mind having a Mr. Knightley in my life :)



Hugh Grant as Edward Ferris in 'Sense & Sensibility'











Alan Rickman as Colonel Brandon in Sense & Sensibility












Colin Firth as Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy in Pride and Prejudice. I'm telling you, this picture didn't do justice to how great he played the Mr. Darcy character.








Matthew MacFadyen as Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy in Pride and Prejudice (2005). Loving the deep voice and the final scene in the early morning fog!












Blake Ritson as Edmund Bertram in Mansfield Park. The sweetest face!













Jeremy Northam as Mr. George Knightley in Emma. Most dreamy!












JJ Feild as Henry Tilney in Northanger Abbey. Who can resist his cheeky glance?












Rupert Penry-Jones as Captain Frederick Wentworth in Persuasion. Oh my God! The eyes! The serious smile! So sexy! Gagagagaaaaa...











By the way, talking about relationship, here's a romantic post by my friend. I think all couples should do this all the time. Express how you feel :) --> http://ctaishah.wordpress.com/2008/08/28/love-letter/

And, please watch 'Becoming Jane'. It's based on Jane Austen's very own love story... and I love James McAvoy as Thomas Lefroy in that movie. He's great in every movie!


'Jane Austen's greatest love story was her own'... *sob, sob*



No comments: