Dear Readers,

Salam & Good day to all... I hope you'll have fun reading and probably collect something useful here. I welcome all comments & commends. Please don't be anonymous. I'd like to know my visitors :)

"La Tahzan, InnaAllaha ma'ana" (Al- Quran: Surah At- Taubah- Verse 40)
Translation: "Be not sad (or afraid), surely Allah is with us."

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~Edmund Burke~

'It's not what the world holds for you, but what you bring to it' ~Anne of Green Gables~

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Give More = Get More


Lunch hour today, while waiting for my friend, I stopped by an Islamic book booth. Browsing through the colorful rows of books, all with interesting titles, one particular book caught my attention. I don’t remember the title now, but it was about how to ease your financial burden and reduce your debts. It was written by Ustazah Siti Nor Bahyah with two of her friends.

I started to flip the pages and the first opened page was about how the devils always scare us of giving and donating and always whisper to our ears and hearts that we will become poor by these actions.

It struck to me... 'that’s why I always feel my money is not enough even though I’m earning more than I used to’.

I believe that this is a fact... you will not have any problem in your cash flow if you are always generous.

I’ve seen evidence of this by the actions of my parents. They are not rich people and their earnings are just enough to cover their needs and their family. But, this doesn’t stop them from helping others, particularly financially. My father is worse. If someone asked to borrow some money, all he heard was ‘I need help’. He didn’t think whether that person still owe him some money from before or whether the person will pay him back.

A lot of times, ungrateful human beings take advantage of kind people.

The most remarkable thing is, even though my parents always help others and never stingy in donations, their money is always enough. They never have to borrow from anyone if they think they won’t be able to pay them back. Car and housing loans excluded.

I keep on wondering about this and how this is even possible?

My mother’s answer was simple… what you give, you’ll get back… and more…

I’m not trying to brag about my parents. This is more as a reminder for myself. I have been tight with my donations budget and therefore… my cash flow situation is not so good.

So, let’s be generous and always be kind. To our parents especially.


Remember… what you give, you’ll get back… and more…

And of course, you have to evaluate how sincere you are in your actions.

Have a great life y'all!

No comments: