Dear Readers,

Salam & Good day to all... I hope you'll have fun reading and probably collect something useful here. I welcome all comments & commends. Be kind and please don't be anonymous. I'd like to know my visitors :)

"La Tahzan, InnaAllaha ma'ana" (Al- Quran: Surah At- Taubah- Verse 40)
Translation: "Be not sad (or afraid), surely Allah is with us."

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~Edmund Burke~

In a world where you can be anything, be kind.

Monday, May 13, 2024

Bridgerton: Polin or Lukola?

Ok, so four more days before Bridgerton season 3 starts on Netflix. I'm so excited but trying to keep my chill and contain the excitement. Trying unsuccessfully...  

Right now, I need to let these thoughts off my brain...  So, hop on my train and join me on my ride to delulu land.

Since season 1, Penelope and Eloise have been my favourite characters. The best friends who were always there for each other. Eloise is so gorgeous and rebellious; Penelope is so cute and innocent. Both are equally smart. I love that!

Rebellious and innocent 😍

I don't really care for the Bridgerton brothers. I'm not denying the fact that they are all really good-looking. But then, all of the Bridgerton siblings are blessed with good looks and good fortune.

However, since season 1, we've seen something going on between Penelope and Colin. The longing looks between them. How Penelope always cared about Colin and how Colin always protected Penelope. I was hoping for Penelope and Colin to become something more and at the same time realize that they were somehow not ready for that 'something more'.

I'm just noticing that. How did the writers do that? I'm amazed... 

I've got you Pen. Don't you worry about a thing...

The end of season 2 revealed that Penelope is Lady Whistledown (whatttttt???!!!) and Colin said 'I would never dream of courting Penelope Featherington' (Colin! How could you?!)

Can you imagine my excitement when I found out that season three is about Penelope and Colin? 
It's finally time for Pen to rise and for Colin to suffer a tiny little bit for what he said. Heheheee...


I hope season 3 is the time for Penelope to shine, not hold back, to pursue and create her own happily ever after. 

I hope season 3 is also the time for Colin to find whatever he is searching for because since season one he looks like he's been searching for something. 

I'm also hoping that Colin will finally 'find' Penelope in season 3. Poor Pen... Holding in all that feeling. And what a loss for Colin if he couldn't find the happiness that could have been his.

Your dreams are grander than you let on...
My purpose shall set me free... 
You cared for me. You would never forsake me...

So many things going on in one scene. 
Truly, matters of the heart cannot be seen by the eyes.

I've read Julia Quinn's Bridgerton books, but I don't think I've read 'Romancing Mr. Bridgerton'. I didn't know this book was about Penelope & Colin. If I did, I would have grabbed and read the book since Bridgerton first came out on Netflix. 

But, now that season 3 is coming out soon, it's too late for me to read the book. I don't want the book to ruin the suspense of season 3. So, I will just wait here patiently for the day to come.

Pursuing a purpose, together 😍

There are a lot of PRs going on promoting season 3. Nicola Coughlan (Penelope Featherington) & Luke Newton (Colin Bridgerton) are all over social media. And oh em geeeee... 

They both looked so good, individually and together. Most of the time, they look unbelievably good & too comfortable together. Their chemistry and friendship brought smiles to my face and cheered up my dull days. Looking at them as an outsider, I couldn't help thinking that there is something more and deeper feelings than friendship between them. Seems like season 3 is both 'Polin' and 'Lukola' stories! How wonderful!

I'm pretty sure, we, the fans who are all aboard riding this delulu train are hoping hard for 'Lukola' to 'find' each other. Just like Polin! 

We can only hope & wish. And pray. Sometimes, wishes do come true. 

In the meantime, I keep 'Lukola' in this delulu land coz in delulu land, magic happens, and dreams come true, and couples who are supposed to be together are married and live happily ever after.

That's what we wish for 'Lukola'. But of course, we still will support them in whatever 'kaibigan' that they wish to be.

Be still my heart... Which kind of 'kaibigan' is this? 

Gosh, I'm deep in delulu land. Why not?! In delulu land, everything is trululu.

Ok enough... bye. I can't differentiate Polin vs Lukola anymore. Not sure which one I ship harder. Hahahaaaa...

I really hope season 3 will not let us down and will live up to the hype of all these PRs. 

May you both find your happily ever after. Hopefully, with each other... 💝 

I sign off skipping further into delulu land. 

See y'all soon!


No comments: