Dear Readers,

Salam & Good day to all... I hope you'll have fun reading and probably collect something useful here. I welcome all comments & commends. Please don't be anonymous. I'd like to know my visitors :)

"La Tahzan, InnaAllaha ma'ana" (Al- Quran: Surah At- Taubah- Verse 40)
Translation: "Be not sad (or afraid), surely Allah is with us."

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~Edmund Burke~

'It's not what the world holds for you, but what you bring to it' ~Anne of Green Gables~

Saturday, June 06, 2009

Picnic @ Morib :(

Middle of last month, I suddenly felt like going to a beach. As usual, my loyal companion... my mother said yes. It has been a while since I brought my beloved mother for a recreational activity, so I thought bringing her for a picnic at Morib, Selangor was a great and wonderful idea. Plus, it has been a while since I entertain the 'landscape photographer' in me. I was hoping to get a wonderful shot at the beach.

My sister & cousin joined us as well. Who would want to say no to a beach & a picnic right?

We woke up early that Sunday, prepared Nasi Lemak (sedapnyaaaa...) and other foods & drinks for our picnic. I drove about 1.5 hours to get to Morib. We took MRR2 towards Klang, exit Banting... passed through Banting... I don't remember how far Morib was from Banting. I was too excited to get to Morib. I still remember how beautiful that place was when my father brought us there. That was a very longggg time ago.

But, when we arrived there... I don't know about the rest of my family, but I was immediately dissappointed. Frankly speaking... it was not beautiful there. It was hot & stuffy (beaches suppose to be hot & windy right?), the water was brown (muddy I think), the beach dirty. We cancelled our intention to dip ourselves in the water as we planned. We were afraid of contracting skin disease... even though we saw a lot of people having a marvellous time in the sea. We were paranoid, perhaps?

The beach was about 1.5km, if I estimate correctly. For a reason unknown to me, they built walls at the other part of the beach.

The only attraction there are the food stalls... there are so many of them and the 'ikan bakar' looked so inviting :) However, that's not why we went to Morib, so we ignored the food stalls.

We set up our tent and had a picnic there, nevertheless. I shot pictures as well. But there were no heart in the picture that I took. The only best thing that day was, the Nasi Lemak prepared by my Mom, the great cook... and sweet mangoes and nescafe ais... MasyaAllah :)

After about one hour, we packed and headed home... with dissappointment.

Morib is such a different place now... I didn't see anymore beauty... so sad!

Dunno whether I should say enjoy the pictures below or not... maybe not. The pictures are merely information...

For your own judgement...


The beach...











The water...












The walls...












The stalls...












The sampah... *sigh*

No comments: